07/07/2021 – Version C.21.07
Version C.21.07 consisted of some technical improvements to the assessment including a more direct and stable connection to the most recent version of IBM Watson’s Japanese ASR for scoring. Previously collected data was rescored and informed an update to the scoring algorithm. Efforts were made to minimize disruptions to scoring and interpretation of score data.
- Updated items in form to optimize scoring using the newest version of IBM Watson.
- Scoring algorithm update.
- Ensured continuity with Version B.19.03.02 with aligned test scores.
- Updated to the most recent version of IBM Watson’s Japanese ASR solution.
- Removed inefficiencies in connecting to IBM Watson for Japanese scoring.
3/04/2020 – Version B.19.03
Version B.20.03.04 utilizes automatic speech recognition scoring to immediately score test on test completion bringing this version of the Japanese test in line with the other Emmersion language products
- Transitioned scoring mechanism to ASR solution backed by IBM Watson.
- Drastically reduced score return time.
3/25/2019 – Version A.19.03
Version A.19.03.02 was a minor scoring algorithm update published shortly after the original Japanese scoring version to incrementally improve the accuracy.
- Used improved infit/outfit statistical analysis to select better performing items
- Transitioned from the using Rasch Model to a Graded Response Model to better account for differences in item difficulty for improved scoring accuracy