8/12/2021 – Version B.21.08
Version B.21.08 consisted of some technical improvements to the assessment including a more direct and stable connection to the most recent version of IBM Watson’s Portuguese ASR for scoring. A psychometric transition from a partial credit model to a graded response model was adopted to better align with other language versions of Emmersion’s speaking tests. Data collected since Version A.19.03’s release was used to update item discrimination and threshold parameters and generate an improved scoring model.
- Updated items in form to optimize scoring using the newest version of IBM Watson.
- Scoring algorithm update
- Updated to the most recent version of IBM Watson’s Portuguese ASR solution.
- Removed inefficiencies in connecting to IBM Watson for Portuguese scoring.
- Adjusted model to reduce likelihood of misidentifying ability of high ability (mastery) and low ability (beginner) test takers.
7/18/2019 – Version A.19.07
Version A.19.03 was the first version for the Portuguese Speaking Assessment. We conducted a calibration pilot to determine the item and ability parameters to create an assessment form and accompanying scoring algorithm to best predict Portuguese speaking ability.
- Used Rasch infit/outfit statistics to screen calibration data to the most informative items and response patterns
- Incorporated regression model to predict ability level with a high-degree of agreement