How to make sure the microphone is recording
Follow the steps based on your operating system to confirm your audio system preferences.
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar
- Select Open sound settings
- Look under “Input” and find “Test your microphone”
- If the bar moves up and down as you speak, it is working
- Go to System Preferences
- Click “Sound”
- Click “Input”
- In the list that says “Select a device for sound input,” and select your microphone device. You can usually find it by locating the brand of your microphone.
- Under “Settings for the selected device,” you should see “input volume” and “input level.”
Speak into your microphone. If the “input level” increases past half-way, then your computer is using your microphone.